Saturday, July 13, 2013

So why am I into clay...

That sounds a little wrong. Me? A vet..? Into such things where I was never good at (arts)?! Hah! How did it begin? Well.. Well... All because of a souvenir! That's right, a souvenir for my supervisor cum lecturer who gave me too much of guidance and help throughout my final year. (: 

I didn't know what to give, and giving some standard souvenir will look lame and somehow cheap... So I asked my sisters, and then Googled a little and found out that I might be able to do some figurines for him!

A prototype made from Play-Doh. The colours faded after 2
weeks so I decided not to embarrass myself with it. 
Not only because the colours faded like ewww... I also disliked the acrylic sealant effect, my pigs looked like they soaked themselves in oil or something. Yuck.

La la la... Still the first one looks better with a brightly coloured mushroom. The fact was that I didn't want to make all the pigs to be appraising a funny mushroom... Haha. So I made them again but on a flat greeny land, and scattered the roses around. Now they look more like enjoying in a park rather than wondering what a mushroom really is, eh? (But it does look a little duller.. Hmm...)

The real deal! Three piglets sitting together on a grass land. TQ to my lecturer!

That's it. That's how I started my hobby. Strange enough to pick this up at this age. Maybe I am just too free at home after graduation...


No comments:

Post a Comment