Sunday, July 12, 2015

CY's shopping spree

Just two weeks ago I had a trip to Weststar Art Shop (Taman Melawati) to buy some supplies for my crafting hobby. To be honest, everything seemed so attractive that I want to buy all of them! Eventually I bought A few more mini glass jars, a new set of acrylic paint, and some other little things...

More dotting tools!

A stainless steel palette (?) for my liquid clay and/or acrylic mixing.

And then I went on e-shopping at Malaysia Clay Art (mind you I am broke, but still!). I bought a set of mica powder for my clay project and I find this really really useful in adding a metallic finish to my artwork!

Mica powder. RM28 for 12 colours. A little goes a long way!

Topping up supplies - brown and silver clay blocks. RM 6 for a 60 g block.

Sculpey Satin Glaze (Matte) - RM 24;
Not very matte when used side-by-side with my FIMO gloss varnish.

And then finally I took a turn in Daiso. What saddening was that they seemed to stop carrying acrylic paints; I couldn't see any in Daiso @ IOI City Mall; and the Daiso @ AEON Taman Equine only had a few tubes of a same colour left.
Anyway, it was interesting to note that I found a Daiso-branded "polymer clay"! According to some reviews on Youtube these are not polymer clay but more of resin clay, and the curing does not require oven. I bought one just to try - and I might write a review on that later. Stay tuned!

The "polymer clay" (resin clay) - RM 5.3 for 30 g.

Alright, time for bed tonight! See you guys around next time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment