Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Thank you gift

Today marks the dateline of my master thesis submission, and thankfully I made it before time! Together with my thesis I handed my supervisor a specially made thank you gift - a DIY decorated jewelry box (or for any other storage purpose if you like). This idea is obtained and adapted from a Russian (I supposed) artisan, link here. The whole project took me two weekends; and the process of  making and pasting the pebbles were the killer! No joke!
From the front. The box opens from he right and thus my door
knob was on the right; yeah I could have done it the other way...
Written on the golden banner was my supervisor's name, censored :P

Open up the box and Ta-Da! A ginger cat with my signature at the corner.

Viewing from the side. The sides were sealed with wooden-patterned
adhesion tape.
Do you remember what drove me into clay? Yes I was inspired when I needed to get a gift for my ex-supervisor; and now, I am doing it again for my supervisor two years later :) Sincerely hope they liked them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi CY Goh, where can I buy this box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, are you looking for the unfinished box? You can get them in Mr. DIY (assuming you live in Malaysia). Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete